Wednesday 21 March 2012

Week 5 - Hardware (core topic)

My major when graduating will be Technology, with a specialty in wood/metal. The first lessons I have had in computing, being a minor in my area, was actually when I commenced this degree at the age of 40. All my prior knowledge has been through "self taught" as our company evolved with technology. There has been so much to learn, basically from scratch, the benefit though is that I know where my students will be and thinking when they are learing computer topics. However, they would more than likely be ahead of me anyway!

A great insight into hardware. Actually pulling a computer apart and looking at the hardware components makes so much sense. Watching a video on what is inside a PC and what its function. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzX4MEYOBk

I am concerned that I could be viewed as the computer expert when I arrive at a school. Some troubleshooting ideas are a great idea that I will certainly keep for furture reference. 

More websites to assist with my teaching. Places I can visit to assist me with information:
  
I am using this source at the moment to assist me with my Engineering topic.

The Le@rning Federation
This is free when a student at university.

BBC Learning: Online
Good quality teaching material

No comments:

Post a Comment