Sunday 18 March 2012

Workshop week 3- Rubrics and Assessment

Workshop 3-


Units of Work in LEO
Lesson Plan Template




Rubrics and Assessment.


By using a rubric in an assessment marking provides a clear outline to studnets what they are being marked on in an assessment and can be "reversed" by providing the opportunity for students to actually mark their own work. It was pointed out that the rubric does need to be clearly set up. I believe this would be a tool to use a bit later when I have more experience under my belt.


Setting up the rubrik is the most difficult part. I can see that by having a rubric it will assist the students in seeing what they actually need to do in an assessment that will be marked. It is easy to think you have completed the required task but not going about the correct way and not receiving the marks.


An interesting idea that was discussed in assisting me to know I have passed the information across to students I could have students write on a post it note "what I was most unclear about.......". I can look at these and then use the information as a review session for the following lesson. What a great idea.


Being very new to software and the computer world there were a number of various web sites/ software reviewed. These will be useful to assist my lessons being more interesting and interactive. 

 
Rubrics and Assessment


Creating and using rubrics for student assignments







Using classroom assessment techniques to provide feedback




No comments:

Post a Comment